The line of the canal ran behind where these houses now stand and to the right of Victoria Mill.
Houldsworth Mill, one of the three large mills that lined the canal in Reddish. This was the largest cotton mill in the world when it opened in 1865. It was built by Sir William Houldsworth who also built houses, a school, a church and other amenities for his workforce.
The canal ran to the right of this row of trees and curved behind Houldsworth Mill.
Boulderstone Mill, seen from Broadstone Road. The parapets can be seen of the bridge built in 1909 to replace the original bridge.
The canal ran alongside Boulderstone Mill and on through the area now occupied by industrial premises.