To the south of Gorton Bridge, the gardens of new houses have been laid over the canal path, with just the towpath left as a footpath.
For a short way, the canal route continues southwards with Gorton Cemetery on the right. After a quarter of a mile the municiple boundary between Manchester and Stockport is reached. Immediately the canal route is blocked by gardens which have extended across the canal.
Looking south along the line of the canal from the site of Sandfold Bridge, Station Road, North Reddish. New houses have been built across the route.
Looking north at North Reddish Park, where the line of the canal crosses open ground again.
Looking south at North Reddish Park, where lines of trees show where the canal had been.
Looking south from the site of Wolfenden Bridge, on Longford Road West, where the gardens of Churchill Crescent have been extended over the canal route.
The line of the canal ran behind where these houses now stand and to the right of Victoria Mill.
Houldsworth Mill, one of the three large mills that lined the canal in Reddish. This was the largest cotton mill in the world when it opened in 1865. It was built by Sir William Houldsworth who also built houses, a school, a church and other amenities for his workforce.